Pool design Question.

Jul 24, 2008
SW Indiana
I am in the process of picking out my pool shape. I am leaning toward and 26'x40' 90 L. The other choice is just a 20'x40 rectangle.

Also, I asked the Pool Builder to give me a cost on how much it would be if I added another 2' to the width of the pool. Should this be much more?

Any pro's or con's on the 90 L :?:

Thanks,
Bill

I have heard that bigger is better! :goodjob: :mrgreen:

I'm actually in the same process <thinking wise> if I want a Left 90 L <big shallow end for the kiddies>, a lagoon style pool <love the free-form of them> or a rectangle as big as I can go <DH is a simple man and thinks I'm nuts cuz it'll be a DIY :p >.

For some reason, I always feel I don't have enough pool. :shock:

Pool builders here in California charge by the perimeter foot. Making a pool 2 feet wider would incur a charge for 4 additional perimeter feet. This pricing model means that one can get more pool (larger area) the closer to a circle it is.

This may be of no help to you since I'm guessing, by your location, that you are getting a liner pool. IG liner pools are extremely rare in California.

Playing games (volley ball) in my pool is tough for the people on the slope of deep end. A larger shallow area would be great. My pool was $1200 for an additional 2' of width. Seems like any change was $1200, swimout, spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe I'm not quite understanding what you mean by an "L" shaped pool but if it is literally L you may have problems getting an apc to cover the entire area effectively. Not that it can't be done. I've seen alot of issues with brand new L shaped pools with "upset" APCs and the APC is not something you want to upset if you want a clean & easy to maintain pool. Just something to consider... :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.