Shocking and Pool cleaners

tmas

Mar 3, 2010
Houston
The lady at my local pool store told me to remove my Polaris from the pool for 24 hours after I shock. She said this would extend the life of the Polaris because the plastic tubing and parts get bridle faster when exposed to high chlorine levels.

Thoughts?

I guess that depends on what "shock" is and how high your free chlorine concentration goes. No one here can answer you because we do not use one-time "shock" products nor do we condone their use. We follow a different methodology than the "advice" you get at pool stores. I put "advice" in scare-quotes because most pool stores give false, misleading, inaccurate and often wrong advice.

So the question for you is this - are you willing to dump the pool store and start taking control and responsibility for your own pool or are you sticking with the pool store?

if you are indeed using the TFP SLAM method than your cleaner is safe at shock FC levels as described in the article on FC/CYA relationship.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.