Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with pump lid

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with pump lid

Split by moderator from HERE. Please start a new thread for your own questions to get you better advice and to avoid causing confusion. Thanks, jblizzle

I have the same issue, my pump lid gasket seems too large and when I tighten it down seems to fold up n the lock holes...... Pump and system brand new and has always done this since July when I had it installed. What's the best way to place the lid on with out water running in to the pump basket and being hard to get on properly?
    central Arkansas 24ft, 15268 gal, AG, SWG (perma salt= my 1st mistake im learning),sand filter, 1.5hp pump, just installed this July 2014, Tf100 kit, Real Pool Newbie

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help! -- pump system/plumbing has air leak

I'm a newbie kpool owner for almost 3 months.....I have the same issue as tonto ..... My issue I bet is the pump lid bc it has always given me trouble since I got the pool installed n july! The gaslit seems too big for the lid bc if I don't tighten it just right the gaslit comes out one of the holes in the rim.... And it's not very tight at all when it happens...... Is there a right way to replace the lid without all the water draining into the pump basket ?!
    central Arkansas 24ft, 15268 gal, AG, SWG (perma salt= my 1st mistake im learning),sand filter, 1.5hp pump, just installed this July 2014, Tf100 kit, Real Pool Newbie

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Help with pump lid

Are you saying that water is running into the pump basket from the pool while you are trying to mess with the lid?
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

Sounds like you are missing shut off valves on your plumbing lines to the pool. You need them to stop the pool from draining into the pump.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Also swollen gaskets are often caused by lubricating with petroleum jelly instead of the proper teflon or silicone based lubricants.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~