Can I do this with the TF-100 test kit ?

SPP

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2008
Indonesia
Guys,

OK, I read here that I can do FC test with using only 5ml of water with R-0870 powder and thus 1 drop of R-0871 will equal to 1ppm instead of 0.5ppm

Can I only read CC and do not do R-0870 powder....by doing this ? :
01. 10ml water, add 5 drops of R-003....read 1 drop of R-0871 as 0.5ppm
02. 10ml water, add 10 drops of R-003 ....read 1 drop of R-0871 as 0.25ppm
03. 5ml of water, addd 5 drops of R-003 ...read 1 drop of R-0871 as 0.25ppm

Chemistry is so unique for me.... :hammer:..I am afraid the re-agent doesn't read well when diluted or concentrated

Thanks in advance.

no, you cannot read CC with an FAS-DPD test without first reading the FC. The DPD powder is necesary. Changing the amount of reagent 3 will not really have much effect on the outcome of this test. It is simply potassium iodide and if any oxidizers are present such as CC or MPS or Ozone it will be oxidized to iodine which will turn the DPD red, which is then titrated with the FAS (ferric ammonium sulfate). The amount of iodone formed is dependant on the amount of oxidzer present. The 5 drops is enough to insure an excess of iodide in the sample.

Thank you Sir !!!!!!!

Dang....chemistry is so.....tough for those who doesn't know it. Logic can't be used here.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think I will soon be running out of R-0870+R-003+R-0871.
I got 3 set. 1 that comes with the kit and 2 set extra.

Its like 1AM to 2AM in ur area now....burning midnight oil are you ?

SPP said:
Thank you Sir !!!!!!!

Dang....chemistry is so.....tough for those who doesn't know it. Logic can't be used here.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think I will soon be running out of R-0870+R-003+R-0871.
I got 3 set. 1 that comes with the kit and 2 set extra.

Its like 1AM to 2AM in ur area now....burning midnight oil are you ?
3:30 but who's watching the clock? :wink:

Thank u very much Jason....thank u.
I try not too ask too much before trying the search engine.
Prior to asking, I already did a search under "0.2ppm" but its too common and search engine won't display.
Strange on the search for "TF-100".....below is what I get :
No posts were found because the word tf-100 is not contained in any post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.