Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Did not drain

1. Back To Top    #1

Did not drain

Hi guys and girls
    Last night my neighboor hired someone to close his above ground pool. What we notice is that they did not release any water and it looks like they just pluged the inlet and outlet. Is this possible?
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Did not drain

Do a search for closing a pool. See what they say. Think about how cold it gets there (brrrrrrr). Think about what happens when water freezes.

Fill a milk jug up and put it in the freezer. What happens?

Do you or your neighbor want to take a chance of that happening to your pool and equipment?

I do not know the right or wrong way as I am in Florida. I leave my pool open all year.

I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Did not drain

I know what you mean. But they removed the pump and all plumbing so basically nothing there to get damaged
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub