Winterizing...lowering water below return

Mar 18, 2014
Edmond, OK
First timer here...I'm reading the article on winterizing and think I get it all except for one thing. What method do you use to get your water below the return? Once the water is too low to backwash, what's the best method for removing the next 6" or so of water?

Thanks!

If you use a manual vacuum you can hook it up and allow the vacuum head to sit on the floor of the pool and run the pump. As long as you have a good seal in the skimmer you can drain a pool with this method. You can also buy or rent a submersible pump and use it to drain as much water as needed.

I used a 7 dollar drill pump , two sections of garden hose and a 20 dollar harbor freight electric drill. Ran the hose into my sewer clean out and locked the trigger on the drill. This worked well. It took about five hours for the water to drop below the return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.