Loop lock cover

It seems like most places charge about as much for the installation and measuring as they do for the cover. If you are handy, you can install it yourself and save about half.

It's been a few years, but I saved quite a bit by doing my own measuring and install, and ordering the cover online. Instructions on how to measure a non standard pool for a custom fitted cover are pretty straight forward and install was easy.

$3,300 for mine installed. I think they keep the measurements at loop-loc so you can order a replacment without having to re-measure.

I think it's worth it. My mother-in-law tripped and fell right on it, didn't get hurt or wet. With little kids and lots of trees it's a life saver.

Our LoopLoc cost $3000 installed 9 years ago- Pool was closed for 8 years with the cover on it and if you look at it today you would think its only a year or two old. Made really well!
Our pool is teardrop shaped, about 25' at the wide end and 40+feet long.

Quick update on LL install costing.
Since we had all new pavers installed this year we needed the anchors to be installed and even though i have a hammer drill i didn't want to deal with my wife if she didn't like the outcome :taped:

The original installer wanted $500 and that was with reusing the old 37 anchors. it sounded like a lot of money but again i didn't want any issues with the new pavers. He came yesterday with a helper at 8AM and finished at 2PM.
An hour of that was to winterize the systems. He used the biggest Bosch Hammer drill i've seen with a 4 point diamond bit. I don't know how these pavers are made but I learned some new curse words yesterday.

I researched new anchors and LoopLoc's are about $15 for the anchor and tube with a need to bore a 1" hole. The anchor he supplies(and the ones i had form his last install) are 12" solid steel with the anchor welded onto one end. It uses a 3/4" hole. He says he has them made up by a local welding shop which i think is true since i cant find them any where. I think i did ok with the costing as the wife is happy and it was a bear of a job.

I had a 38' Leisure fiberglass pool installed about 4 years ago. I was using blue "Walmart" style cover for winters. Decided purchase a safety cover, vinyl, so no extra water/light would get in the pool. I contacted several online companies that sell the LoopLoc Ultra II and was told I would have to make a template, send it in, wait for a price, etc, etc. I even asked if there wasn't already a template for the particular pool I had and was told no. I contacted Leisure and they were no help, didn't even answer my call, just had a local pool company call me. When I told them I was a DIY I never heard from them again. A friend of mine in GA told me about poolcovercenter.com, he had just received a cover from them. I called them, explained what I wanted, and the agent, Karen, offered to call LoopLoc and ask if they may have a cover for my particular pool. You guessed it, yes, they had made a cover for my pool model and didn't need the measurements. Then I found out the price was the same as a "standard" cover. Ordered it, and received it within a week. A big shout out to Pool Cover Center, great customer service, saved me money and time....

We have the same pool, who did your install?

I had a 38' Leisure fiberglass pool installed about 4 years ago. I was using blue "Walmart" style cover for winters. Decided purchase a safety cover, vinyl, so no extra water/light would get in the pool. I contacted several online companies that sell the LoopLoc Ultra II and was told I would have to make a template, send it in, wait for a price, etc, etc. I even asked if there wasn't already a template for the particular pool I had and was told no. I contacted Leisure and they were no help, didn't even answer my call, just had a local pool company call me. When I told them I was a DIY I never heard from them again. A friend of mine in GA told me about poolcovercenter.com, he had just received a cover from them. I called them, explained what I wanted, and the agent, Karen, offered to call LoopLoc and ask if they may have a cover for my particular pool. You guessed it, yes, they had made a cover for my pool model and didn't need the measurements. Then I found out the price was the same as a "standard" cover. Ordered it, and received it within a week. A big shout out to Pool Cover Center, great customer service, saved me money and time....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
YIKES!!! I can get a safety cover for my 16 x 32 with steps for about $800 delivered from Amazon and a Loop Loc brand is only $1500. That means you are paying a whole lot of money for somebody to drill holes.

DIY install includes buying a new hammer drill and a bit, I don't count that because I love a new tool!

YIKES!!! I can get a safety cover for my 16 x 32 with steps for about $800 delivered from Amazon and a Loop Loc brand is only $1500.

Is your 16x32 a rectangle? I know that comparing Rectangle to Kidney / Freeform isn't really apples to apples. Freeforms take more time on the cutting floor, and have 3'x3' strap spacing, rather than the 5'x5' for geometric pools. Also 16x32 Rectangle is pretty common, so if your pool doesn't include any raised walls / cutouts, its probable that this was a stock, inventoried cover made ahead of time. Just food for thought.

I order Loop Loc covers quite a bit in season (B2B pricing), and I don't think Pappascw is getting hosed TOO much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.