9-23-2014
FC - 13
CC - 0
TC=FC+CC=13
pH - 7.2
TA - 70
CH - 125
CYA- 70
Many pool stores like it because it makes it seem that they are testing more, but you can skip the TC around here.

Still a little high on the FC but it appears you are getting a handle on it and will get it in line.

As you are still reporting cloudy, have we eliminated organics in the water? An Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) will determine if they are there.

OK, so I finished the test in the morning and received these results for the OCLT test.

9-29-2014 (12 hours later)
FC - 14.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.2
TA - 60
CH - 125
CYA- 65

Looks like she is holding steady... Now I need to find the right SWG setting.

Do I use the same approach as the OCLT test?

Let your FC drop down to 6 and then let your SWG take over from there. It's a trial and error thing with the SWG percentage and pump run time. Couple of articles in Pool School on SWG's.
You had SWG off for the OCLT. Just checking. ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Or, don't run your swg tomorrow and see how much it drops at sunset. Do the morning test before sunrise--at least before the sun reaches your pool then an evening test right at sunset. What model of SI do you have? I can tell you about what amount of fc is generated for any percentage for various runtimes. I can send you a copy of the spreadsheet if you like. Just pm me your email address. I don't know why 6 though, 4-11 is your Target range @70 cya but you'll want to get your cya up just a bit-- 70-80 is the recommended cya. BTW how is it that your cya dropped 5 ppm in a few days?

pwrstrk: You had SWG off for the OCLT. Just checking.
I did. It was just 12 hours through the night.

timerguy: What model of SI do you have?
Circupool Si-45+ (Updated in my signature)

timerguy: BTW how is it that your cya dropped 5 ppm in a few days?
I was cleaning the algae refuse from my pool. In that process I lost water and had to replace it with new water.

I will PM you timerguy. I am interested in your spreadsheet seeing how we have the same equipment and similar sized pools.

I would not worry about a 5ppm difference in the CYA tests. That is well within the error of the test itself ... although water replacement would have dropped it some.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.