Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swimout detail count towards pool size?

1. Back To Top    #1

Swimout detail count towards pool size?

I will provide the full report and open a formal new construction thread once digging begins in 10 days. In the meantime I need to know, for zoning setback regulations, if a swimout detail counts toward the actual pool size. Example, my pool is small...mostly 12 x 25 rectangular except for a swimout detail on the last 7 feet which make it 13.5' wide instead of 12' on that side.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Swimout detail count towards pool size?

I would say for zoning purposes any part of the pool is going to count. Only your zoning dept is going to be able to answer the question accurately as they are the ones making the decision according to their rules.

If you are within the city of Miami, good luck, but probably easier than Miami Shores.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

In California (and I strongly suspect Florida) The swimout would count as part of the pool for all purposes, including zoning setback.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Our city counted water edge as the point for setback.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.