Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Some confusion on the directions for R0867

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Some confusion on the directions for R0867

I have the instructions for this reagent but my question is when you use a non-chlorine shock to shock the pool, how long do you wait to use this reagent to get and accurate FC reading, and CC reading. Do you test right after you shock the pool, do you wait an hour, or do you wait 6hrs (which is our turn-over rate)? I work at a school so we use the non-chlorine shock so they can use the pool all day. Any help would be appreciated. We use the Taylor 2006 test kit. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Some confusion on the directions for R0867

You can use this reagent any time to achieve an accurate test for FC and CC. The R-0867 reagent eliminates interference of MPS (most non-chlorine shocks are this compound) in the FC and CC test. You can also test for MPS if you have the proper reagents. See the instructions for these tests here:

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/pr...er&Number=5806
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Some confusion on the directions for R0867

Thanks a ton t his was very helpful.