Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Auto Filler Location

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide
    Riverside, CA

Auto Filler Location

Hello, I'm am currently in the build process and the plumbers installed the auto filler right next to the pool (similar to a skimmer). I would prefer to have the auto filler back by my equipment and clear up more deck space.

As long as the filler is set at the same height, does it really matter how far it is from the pool? My pad is 40 feet prom the pool.

Thanks for any help...

2. Back To Top    #2

Sacramento, CA

Re: Auto Filler Location

The auto fill should be next to the pool. It should be recessed in the deck. There should be an anti suction valve for it back at the pad. At the pool it should be something like this:

No auto fill is perfect all of them tend to fill more when the pool is choppy. If you are asking if you could run a open line from the pool to a recessed well at the pad --- yes you could. But -- that could have reduced performance -- but it might not matter autofills are on 24-7 so things tend to even out. Its worth talking about. Ask your PB.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

North East Ohio

Re: Auto Filler Location

Mine is 15 ft away and works great

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover