Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do we need to open a newly completed pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Do we need to open a newly completed pool

Construction of our pool is nearly complete. The liner is in the process of being installed and we are adding water in stages to allow PB to get the wrinkles out. Since it is this late in the season and we can't use the pool until next year, do we really need to fill it all the way? Will it need winterized as no water has circulated through the pool plumbing yet?

We still need to have the electrical completed and this would save $$ as my father in law would be able to do this while visiting next spring. Any advise would be appreciated as all of the equipment and control panels are sitting outside under our deck. The pool equipment is just outside our walk out basement and the breaker box is on the interior wall next to the pool equipment.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ps5b0ced9d.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...pscb300df7.jpg
    IG 21,600 vinyl gal 38'x20' 3.5'/8', Pentair Sand Dollar SD80 filter, Pentair 1.5HP pump, Auto Pilot Salt Chlorine Generator RC 28. 2 LED lights, 2 bubblers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do we need to open a newly completed pool

Im also wondering the same thing... I know it needs to be filled, im guessing a foot below the skimmer?

3. Back To Top    #3

I would want it filled all the way and operating just to make sure all the piping and equipment was good.
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree with Sargent.
    You will likely have some big issues trying to get your pb to come back and fix things later if necessary. In my opinion you would just be doing him a huge favor by holding off.
    Just my .02