Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: partial chip put in remodel

1. Back To Top    #1

partial chip put in remodel

Hi all,

I have a question for people who have done a partial cut in remodel. My PB wants to chip out 6 inches at and below the tile line in order to re-plaster the whole pool with pebble finish. Just want to know if the transition line is noticeable after re-plastering. Do you see a bulge line on the wall?

Scott
    Lazy-L shaped pool and a spa. 22.5k gallons. Pentair VS pump. Pentair cartridge filter CCP520. STA-Rite SR400NA heater (400K BTU). Leuder limestone coping. Pebble sheen (blue granite) Wooden deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: partial chip put in remodel

I had my pool relined 6 years ago, and Im not even sure they chipped any of the old surface out around the tile. Instead, I seem to recall they ran the new surface right up to the tile and angled it in the last 1/2 inch or so. I don't notice it at all and hadn't thought about it since it was done until I read your post.
    16x32 DiamondBrite kidney, 12,500 gal. (circa 1985) 3/4hp Hayward SII, Harmsco BF84, Taylor K-2006, Hayward SwimPure Plus / Tcell-15
    Boca Roton, Fl. USA.

prior 17k gal. vinyl, Sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

It takes two guys a day to chip out a 25k gallon pool. There is no reason not to chip it all out.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

4. Back To Top    #4

What was your old finish? I have a pebble tec pool that was overexposed to the acid by the builder. That stuff is a lot harder than regular plaster.

Lazy-L shaped pool and a spa. 22.5k gallons. Pentair VS pump. Pentair cartridge filter CCP520. STA-Rite SR400NA heater (400K BTU). Leuder limestone coping. Pebble sheen (blue granite) Wooden deck.