Not adding anything, do I need to be concerned?

My introductory thread is listed here where you can see my initial test results:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/85088-New-pool-owner

My pool is completely screened, pump runs for 8 hours per day and I did have the vacuum running at the same time (though I have changed it as I had to replace the hose.)

I have been in charge of the pool for over a week now and I have added bleach once. That is the only time I have added anything ever.

I visually look at the water and test CL, PH, FC and CC daily. Weekly I will test everything. Yesterday I tested everything with the following results:

CL:5
PH:7.8
FC:6.5
CC:0
CH:250
TA:110
CYA:55

With these numbers entered into pool math, it says to add some muriatic acid for the PH and some calcium chloride for the CH. I am hesitant on the acid as the PH readings can be somewhat suggestive. Should I add the calcium chloride?

The one time I did add bleach I did that as verification that I was doing the tests properly. After testing that time, my FC did go up.

Every day visually the pool looks great. Do I need to be concerned that I am not adding anything? Signs of something to come?

The system does have a puck feeder. I have checked that and there are no pucks in there.

Your numbers are good and I wouldn't change anything.

The CH is marginal but it has a tendency to rise slowly over time on it's own.....simply monitor it once in a while.

That your pool is screened offers it great protection so you will have far less maintenance to keep it pristine. That said, give yourself credit for having your numbers right where they should be.

Lastly, many newbies sort of slide into the thinking that pool math fixes your pool. You fix the pool based on your observations and knowledge.....poolmath only calculates the dosages to get from a certain point to a certain point........both of which require your input.

In short, you are doing a great job and have everything nailed down pretty well. kudos!

Don't add any more threads. Responders are handicapped when you have multiple threads. Keep you info under this one from here forward.

I agree everything looks good.
I would check FC and PH daily to you get a feel on FC consumption and PH rising. Your pool will get into it's own rhythm and habits and you'll be able to know it's needs. Testing will verify those needs. Being enclosed that should help with FC burn off from the sun.
Any other questions don't hesitate to ask and welcome to TFP ! ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.