Leak near hot tub controller

Apr 13, 2013
My hot tub is leaking from one of the hand-tightened couplers next to the controller (see picture). Is there a user-serviceable washer or part in this area that I could replace? I have the tub drained, but wanted to check here before I tried to loosen the coupler to see if I can fix it. I turned it as tight as I could, but it still leaks.

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 30
The pipe at the bottom of the controller? If so those are the heater connections and I'll bet if you take off the leaking one you will find an "O" ring inside that seals it. Tighter is not necessarily better with "O" rings, no cuts and proper lubrication when installing helps.

Thanks. Yes, it is the pipe that runs through the bottom of the controller. I will go ahead and un-couple the connections (might as well replace both sides) and get new o-rings. What do you use to lubricate them upon installation?

Thanks. Yes, it is the pipe that runs through the bottom of the controller. I will go ahead and un-couple the connections (might as well replace both sides) and get new o-rings. What do you use to lubricate them upon installation?
I'm not being a smart***, but "O" ring lube. ;) Comes in a small tube. I've seen it at Home Depot & Lowes in the seasonal pool section.

Looks like a balboa controller and the white ones with two screws on each one are the heater unions. They leak all of the time. And yes. Replace both, they are cheap. And if you have to go to the pool store to get o-ring lube, do so. Don't use Vaseline or silicone. It breaks down the seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.