Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer problems....

1. Back To Top    #1

Cocoa, fl

Skimmer problems....

Leak detection found a leak under the skimmer. Probably in the 90. My skimmer has 2 holes in it for pipes,looked at pool blueprints and 1 goes to the pump and the other next to the pump capped off. Sort of a spare if you will. So I uncapped spare and ran it to pump,capped off leaking line, and by the amount of bubbles being sucked in and loss of water the spare is leaking also. So I assume skimmer settled in time and probably cracked both pipes. My question is being that my pool is screen enclosed and really don't get a lot of floating debris can I just run my 2 floor drains and keep the skimmer valve off? Or does the skimmer have some other purpose? And I would run a barracuda from the vac. Line in the pool on the side wall? And save myself 2000 dollars? Thanks todd
    Thanks Todd.
    15,000 gal. In ground, sand textured with beach area, spa located in beach area with spillover equal to pool level.Rock waterfall with 4 foot drop.Hayward goldline aquaplus automation all wireless remote.T 15 cell,Propane heater,Super 2 for pool/spa,Super 2 for waterfall
    Cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Bastrop, Louisiana

Re: Skimmer problems....

Hello Todd,
    I don't see why you could not do that, if nothing else at least for short term
    Randy H.

Intex 18' X 48"
    G.A.M.E. Sandpro 75 Sand Filter (Single Speed 3/4 HP, 75 lbs sand, 2650 GPH, 7-way valve)

3. Back To Top    #3
    TFP Guide
    Odessa, TX

Re: Skimmer problems....

Quote Originally Posted by one_knight4u View Post
    Hello Todd,
    I don't see why you could not do that, if nothing else at least for short term
    +1 to this.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor