Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Using the reagent R0867

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dawson MN
    Posts
    13

    Using the reagent R0867

    I have been a cpo for around two years and have switched to a taylor 2006 test kit. We really like this kit it seems very accurate as well, but we also use a non-chlorine shock. Our pool is only open from Nov.-Apr. so we have not shocked the pool since we switched test kits. My question is how long after you shock the pool do you test again with the R0867 to get the accurate FC and CC? Our turnover rate is 6 hours. Any advice for using this reagent would be appreciated. thanks

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Rafael, CA USA
    Posts
    12,082

    Re: Using the reagent R0867

    Welcome to TFP!

    You can use the Taylor K-2042 to remove the interference from MPS. As for how long to wait if you don't use this interference remover, it depends on your bather load or whatever else there is to oxidize in the pool. MPS does not break down in sunlight so will stick around until it finds something to oxidize. In a heavily used high bather-load pool, I'd expect it to get used up within a day though it depends on how much you added. At most, every person-hour would use around 0.7 ounces weight of MPS.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dawson MN
    Posts
    13

    Re: Using the reagent R0867

    Thanks I hope to learn alot from this forum. I am a cpo for our school, it is an indoor pool. We were inspected by the health department last May and were informed about the Taylor 2006 test kit and about having to use the regeant R0867. The inspector said if we use the non-chlorine shock that we would need to use R0867 to test again for a more accurate cc, it is just confusing on the exact way to use it. If you test your pool water and you have cc that is at or above .05 and you shock it, I was just wondering, do you retest and hour later, right away,or 6 hours later (which is our turnover rate) to get an accurate reading? Is this a test kit that you are talking about (Taylor K-2042)? It would be nice not to have to worry about the extra steps with the R0867! Thanks for your help
    Last edited by annaj; 09-16-2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: just rewording things

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •