Help! -- pump system/plumbing has air leak

tonto

Apr 27, 2014
California
I think I have a problem. I recently noticed when the pump is running the water coming out of my pool's jets has tiny bubbles. (Where are the bubbles coming from?). In addition, I have found that overnight when the pump is not running the strainer pot of the pump drains so that when the system powers up in the morning the pump has lost its prime. I have a variable speed pump that does not like starting without a prime so I have to manually restart it several times each morning until the prime catches. The leak seems to be small -- I have not noticed any significant water loss to the pool. I have checked all the seals, valves, and pipes around the equipment area when the pump is running and have found no signs of water leaks or moisture. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I might further troubleshoot and/or solve this problem.
Thanks for any support.

Help no longer needed -- I checked the forum further and found several discussions about "Suction Side Air Leaks", followed several of the troubleshooting suggestions, found where the problem was (my pump basket lid was leaking -- went to pool store and got new rubber gasket and lubricant, put it all back together, and lo --, no more leaks). I just want to thank this site and all the good people that contribute to it for the aid and support -- I would not have so easily worked out my problem without it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.