Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, here we go

1. Back To Top    #1

Well, here we go

Looks like we're about to start with our build! Just in time for 'no swimming' weather, HA!

We have a big pecan tree coming down as I type (breaks my heart to take it, but I'll plant 2 more somewhere else), and barring rain the dig should start on Wednesday or Thursday. Here is the design...will post up progress pictures as we go. Fun to look at and all.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Well, here we go

Awesome! I know the feeling. We're scheduled to dig tomorrow, pending rain I assume. Excited to see it come together!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quick pic from phone on the tree removal. Will get a few 'before' pics up later.

Attachment 33216

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like we're about to start with our build! Just in time for 'no swimming' weather, HA!
    You could go down to the zoo and get a couple of polar bears to test/break in your new pool while waiting for warmer weather. LOL... Good luck and your design looks very good...
    Randy H.

Intex 18' X 48"
    G.A.M.E. Sandpro 75 Sand Filter (Single Speed 3/4 HP, 75 lbs sand, 2650 GPH, 7-way valve)

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank God for the rain...but it is putting us behind on the dig. Funny thing, I was uncharacteristically aggravated by this until my wife said: "Who cares, it's not like we're going to be losing swimming time" or something like that.

Bring on the rain!

6. Back To Top    #6

Eweberdc, I really like the design and the water features, wish I would have done that. And, good call on the pecan tree. I have one I didn't take down - I love the canopy of shade it provides, but I could do without the ill-mannered squirrels who drop LOTS of their 1/2 eaten pecans in the pool!

Congratulations, can't wait to see pics of your build!

7. Back To Top    #7

No construction to date, but it almost looks like we have a 'natural' pool with all this rain...

[IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tylerlisal View Post
    Eweberdc, I really like the design and the water features, wish I would have done that. And, good call on the pecan tree. I have one I didn't take down - I love the canopy of shade it provides, but I could do without the ill-mannered squirrels who drop LOTS of their 1/2 eaten pecans in the pool!

Congratulations, can't wait to see pics of your build!
    Oh yeah, pecan trees are a huge mess! We had to rake and bag 35+ bags of leaves last year. I could only imagine that tree dumping into the pool...

8. Back To Top    #8

Oh gosh look at that rain. My yard looked the same, sadly it was after they had already dug a hole. My PB joked they had decided they were just going to build me a wall.
    Eva.
    We are building a 14x28 in ground with a spillover spa...
    All Pentair Equipment, 3HP VS pump, Sand Filter, 250K BTU gas heater, 2HP blower.
    Easytouch 4. Pentair Racer Cleaner.

9. Back To Top    #9

OMG, look at that rain! Well should be easier for them to dig when it drains.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

This is probably obvious (but I know better than that by now) but the elevation of your pool is going to be critical. I'd want it up well above the water level you have in that picture. A foot up wouldn't be too much in my mind. And surely you'll want hydrostatic valves to keep your pool from floating during construction and later when empty.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

11. Back To Top    #11

Good point and of real concern based on the photo above.
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    This is probably obvious (but I know better than that by now) but the elevation of your pool is going to be critical. I'd want it up well above the water level you have in that picture. A foot up wouldn't be too much in my mind. And surely you'll want hydrostatic valves to keep your pool from floating during construction and later when empty.
    Oh yeah, the pool will be built 12" + above the current yard level...at the level of our porch. The PB is well aware of our drainage situation and is helping us put in better drainage lanes and systems, as well as bringing in some dirt to contour the area immediately around the pool. I think we'll be okay.

13. Back To Top    #13

Reguarding the picture in post #7,
    I would advise a SLAM due to the green growing in the forground, and i would check the filter on that pump, the water seems a little brown like it isnt filtering well enough.. LOL..
    Keep us updated on the construction....
    Randy H.

Intex 18' X 48"
    G.A.M.E. Sandpro 75 Sand Filter (Single Speed 3/4 HP, 75 lbs sand, 2650 GPH, 7-way valve)

14. Back To Top    #14

Well, the dig has started. Here are a few pics of the yard before the pool and the dig progress. Should have all the dirt out of there by the end of the day today!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

15. Back To Top    #15

Wow the soil sure is different lower down.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by cwescapexlt4x4 View Post
    Wow the soil sure is different lower down.
    I was very, very, very happy to see that caliche come out at about 5 1/2 feet. The black gumbo around here is terrible for structural integrity.

17. Back To Top    #17

Steel is done, plumbing starting today. Will add a few pictures this afternoon.
    Last edited by eweberdc; 10-01-2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: pics

18. Back To Top    #18

Looking good! Bagging leaves are a pain but I bet you'll miss the pecans...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun View Post
    Looking good! Bagging leaves are a pain but I bet you'll miss the pecans...
    My wife and I don't actually love pecans...but we will definitely miss that tree!

Here are a few pic updates...

20. Back To Top    #20

Looking good! Can't wait to see it with gunite!
    Eva.
    We are building a 14x28 in ground with a spillover spa...
    All Pentair Equipment, 3HP VS pump, Sand Filter, 250K BTU gas heater, 2HP blower.
    Easytouch 4. Pentair Racer Cleaner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast