Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Leaf Rake

1. Back To Top    #1

New Jersey

Best Leaf Rake

I had an old leaf rake that got ruined , it had a rubber "lip" at the top of it so it wouldn't damage the vinyl liner floor , anybody still make these ???
    33,000 Vinyl Liner IG Pool, Hayward Sand Filter,Hayward Superflo Pump,Auto Pilot Dig 220 w/RC-52 cell, Polaris 9300xi cleaner. 4 wheel Pressure PoolCleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Covington, Georgia

Re: Best Leaf Rake

We got a big rake at Home Depot this spring with rubber all around the top encasing metal. I was surprised it wasnt plastic!
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Best Leaf Rake

Are you cleaning leaves from the bottom of the pool? I've found a 'leaf vac' to be the best for me. I picked one up from a local store a couple years ago. I don't remember what I paid for it. You attach it to your multi-use pool pole and attach a garden hose to it. The garden hose (when you turn it on) creates a venturi effect to suck the leaves into the bag. Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting to link to a vendor. I'm in no way affiliated with this or any other pool supply company. I have bought from them before. Sometimes they have better prices; sometimes not. ... ductid=175 This isn't exactly like mine but works the same way.

on the Northcoast of the U.S.A.

24ft AG-13,500 gal-Hayward S-166T high rate sand filter-pump is SplashPak Hp 1spl (whatever that means)-TF100 test kit