Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing question

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing question

After I blow out the lines from returns and skimmers, do I keep the pump, filter and the heat pump still connected to all the piping or should I keep everything disconnected until I open the pool next season?
    24 x 14 salt water inground pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Closing question

I keep all piping and equipment connected. I have a make shift cover I put over the pump to keep snow and ice from packing around it but other than that my pad stays in tact.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

3. Back To Top    #3

Connected, but all drain plugs removed. My pump has two plugs, one in the sand filter bottom, and another heater plug.
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    Connected, but all drain plugs removed. My pump has two plugs, one in the sand filter bottom, and another heater plug.
    Exactly, and all drain plugs put in the pump basket so I know where they are come spring.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG