Pump doesn't start going through 230 line & Aqualogic board

arieco

Sep 15, 2014
Bridgeton
Seemed I had two problems at the same time. Turned on pump manually and heard a bad noise. Ended up motor shot and got a new one. Put it on and wired it up with existing lines. When I manually select filter on I hear the clicking sound but the pump doesn't turn on. My aux pump for the pool cleaner is on interlock. When I wait a few minutes I can activate and the aux pump does turn on. Additionally, my lights work as well. So I know the entire aqualogic circuit board is not shot.

Continued troubleshooting:
-Got out volt meter and can see the wires from the house are hot. (230V)
-Checked where they are hooked up for the pump for load in and load out. I can't remember exact numbers but they are getting between 13-15 volts.
-Took cover off back of pump and checked both wires coming in. They were around 15 volts
-Turned filter switch off. Checked the positive/negative wires from the aqualogic board that connect to the load in/load out. The positive always has voltage on it as I read and it did. The negative did not have any voltage on it or very minimal. I turned filter switch on and the voltage increased on the negative wire but pump did not come on.
-With the help of another individual, unhooked the 230 wires and we set the pump up for 115V and rigged a plug to go into a 115 socket. hooked up the wires and plugged it in and the pump came right on.

So I don't know if the problem is something on the circuit board (voltage spiked up when I turned filter switch on) or some other piece of equipment in the box.

It sounds like a bad relay. The relay has 4 contact points for the 230 volt power going to the pump. Connections 1 and 3 are the line power coming in to the relay. Connections 2 and 4 are the load connections going to the pump.

Connections 1 and 3 should have 230 volts at all times and connections 2 and 4 should have 230 volts only when the relay is turned on by the board.

The board sends 24 volts DC to the relay to power an electromagnetic coil, which pulls down contact points to close the switch and send power to the pump.

Check for 230 volts AC at points 1 and 3 three. Check for 230 volts AC at points 2 and 4 and while the filter button is on. Check for 24 volts DC at the relay control wires while the filter button is on.

Note: Don't do anything that you are not sure that you can do safely/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.