CYA not Moving

Apr 8, 2014
Tucson, AZ
I have put the recommended stabilizer in twice now to get the CYA to 40 and I'm still only testing at 25. We had to refill due partially to too much CYA. Scared that that will happen again all of a sudden. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to what I can watch for or what may be going on? I seem to be holding my TC level pretty well.

Exactly how/where/when did you add the stabilizer? You say you did it twice? If you put it in a sock, it should show up on a test within a week. I'd you just poured it in a skimmer, it can take a long time. If you backwashed, it may not have dissolved hardly any at all.

I have put the recommended stabilizer in twice now to get the CYA to 40 and I'm still only testing at 25. We had to refill due partially to too much CYA. Scared that that will happen again all of a sudden. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to what I can watch for or what may be going on? I seem to be holding my TC level pretty well.

As others have said we need more details about how/what you did. I scares me that you say you did it twice.

I put it into the skimmer. It's at 35 now. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Thanks for the reply's. I waited almost a week the first time before I added more. I didn't know about the sock thing before, but great tip :) Thanks!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.