Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: floating debris in the water

1. Back To Top    #1

floating debris in the water

Hello all,

My pool water looks clean but I see lot of floating debris plus lot of white powdery stuff on the bottom. When I vaccuum the bottom, it causes water to turn cloudy. This cycle runs over and over so I was thinking my filter is dirty (reads at 20 PSI) and its not picking up the particles.

I decided to clean my filter, even bought a special spray to clean the filter and followed instructions on that spray. Re run the filter (pressure reads at 9psi). Much better pressure but after couple hours of running, pressure returns back to 20psi. What is going on?

I figured may be a new filter is needed, bought a new filter, installed it. Right after turning it on, the pressure reads at 30psi!! What in the world is going on.....Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Bastrop, Louisiana

Re: floating debris in the water

Greetings Jsingh009, and welcome to TFP,
    I believe what is happening is normal. Your filter is just doing its job.
    The pressure is rising because its getting plugged up from the particles in the water. Until you get the water clean it should continue to do this.
    How long that will take depends on the size of filter, size of pool, cleaning cycles performed, etc.....
    Randy H.

Intex 18' X 48"
    G.A.M.E. Sandpro 75 Sand Filter (Single Speed 3/4 HP, 75 lbs sand, 2650 GPH, 7-way valve)

3. Back To Top    #3
    TFP Guide
    Central PA

Re: floating debris in the water

We need more information in order to help you....
    Pool type, size, location and a full set of your water chemistry, including calcium hardness. (And how you tested them) also, what you are using to chlorinate your pool, such as pucks, powdered shock, or liquid chlorine (bleach)
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!