What's all this talk about closing?

Yep, we were doing water aerobics in the pool this morning and my water temp right now is 88 degrees.

GRRRR All you people.............here in Northern Illinois we did not have a SINGLE day above 90F this summer, the pool never got above 82F. Spent most of the summer looking at a solar cover, taking it off once a week to vacuum..........but the good news is that we finally got permission to fell a willow tree on the wetlands to the east, helped a ton with keeping things clean.........and I made it through an entire "summer" on 8 gallons of 12.5%............I have another 12 gallons or so that won't be worth a lot next spring, so if you want some PM me...........

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had a cool summer and I finally shut off the heater and figured the pool season was officially over. But, as I was staring at my crystal clear water yesterday, I shamed by daughter into taking one final swim with me. Air temp was 67 and water was 71. Very brisk but it felt good after the numbness set in. Oh well, another pool season has passed...

I wish our swimming season was as long as yours Richard. Maybe we need to move to sunny SoCal!

GRRRR All you people.............here in Northern Illinois we did not have a SINGLE day above 90F this summer, the pool never got above 82F.

I feel ya. I'm in SE VA and I had only 6 weeks of warm water and it never went higher than 86. Today I removed my ladder, water at 70 and will not be climbing again.

5 days ago pool temp was at 88 F.
After the cold front came through and dumped some cold rain, low pool temp was 74 F. Today was the first real sunny day (afternoon) since then and now pool is back up to 80 F.
I think this is the first year in NE Louisiana history that we did not make it to 100 F.
98 F is the hottest its been this year here with and extremely high humidity. Of course the year isn't over yet............

I have been forced by the weather to abandon any hope of getting my pool back to swimmable temp. With highs only reaching at best the mid 70's, and overnight lows dropping into the low 50's, any gains I make with my small heater are taken back every day.

With too many other things needing my attention, I just don't have the time to devote to keeping a god hot fire in the heater. If the time was available, I'm sure I could keep the pool at least in the high 70's low 80's.

As projects get completed, I'll then be able to make improvements to my heater system, and get it plumbed into the main filtering/circulation system now that I have a "real" pool pump.

Pool has been around 89-90 for the past few days as it's been HOT here in SoCal. I live in north OC so I don't get any of the ocean breeze the beach and adjacent cities get. It's been 100 here for the past four days and I'm really done with this. Dang electricity bill will be well over $300 this month with all the AC running and that is just at night. We sweat it out during the day: windows open and spend as much time in the pool as possible. Last year during a hot spell our bill was over $400 so now we are sweating out the days as much as we can without AC :crazy: REALLY looking forward to cooler weather...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.