bleach question

To either add to the confusion or to make things more clear:

Most regular bleach used to be 6%
The newer, so-called concentrated ones are 8.25%
Most chlorination liquids for pool use are still bleach but 10% with a few at 12%
Try to buy bleach at a store that has high turnover as bleach uses strength over time
Also try and buy it from a store that does not keep it outside as temps weaken it too

Other than that try and buy the one that is the lowest cost per ounce, bleach is bleach

Lol I accidentally added splashless a few weeks ago after my husband brought it home on accident. Splashless Clorox is not a pool sanitizer. If you add it, you will have soapy bubbles for a few days. You need to buy unscented 8% bleach...typically generic store brand is $3/gallon.

I have seen some "splashless" that is just plain bleach in a newly designed jug that reduces the "glug, glug, glug" that splashes. Just more confusion as to what is plain bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have seen some "splashless" that is just plain bleach in a newly designed jug that reduces the "glug, glug, glug" that splashes. Just more confusion as to what is plain bleach.
Clorox splashless bleach has thickeners in it that will cause foaming in the swimming pool. So it's safest just to avoid all splashless unless one is sure of the contents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.