Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting my CYA level down and then what?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lake Jackson,Tx. 45 miles south of Houston

Getting my CYA level down and then what?

I am currently refilling my pool as recommended to get my CYA level down. Do I then run all the tests again, plug into the poolmath chart and go from there? Just what is my next step.

I am new to this pool thing and am wanting to get it right.

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Getting my CYA level down and then what?

Let the water circulate a while. Brushing helps set up some cross currents to really get things mixed well.

Take a full set of readings and then adjust pH first, and then set the FC level appropriate to your CYA level.

Or post the results here and wait for someone to offer specifics. It will help a lot if you fill out your signature so we know the pool surface and your chlorine source.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Lake Jackson,Tx. 45 miles south of Houston

Re: Getting my CYA level down and then what?

Just finished my sig info.
    13,500 gallon pool without a spa Inground
    Pool built by previous owner in 1995 but replasterd in 2008
    DE filter (pentair FNS plus 48,Challenger 3/4 hp pump,In line chlorinator (switching to liquid bleach)
    Using TF-100 pool testing kit