Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The Skimmer Plug..anyone ever use this?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lancaster, pa

The Skimmer Plug..anyone ever use this?

Has anyone ever use "The Skimmer Plug" when winterizing their above ground pool?

I usually drain my water down below the skimmer, but this year was thinking of using this device so I don't have to drain...this device looks like it just snaps into the skimmer face plate from the inside of the pool, then it seals the skimmer, making it unnecessary to drain the pool way down.

I live in PA, and the water does freeze most winters..just wondering if this would affect using this device?

Thanks for any advice!!
    24' AGP (13,600 gal)
    Sand Filter with 1.5hp pump
    Lancaster, PA

2. Back To Top    #2
    Elverson Pa.

Re: The Skimmer Plug..anyone ever use this?

I use a lid over my skimmer called an aquador. 😎
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Glassboro NJ

I have the aquador and use it every year. It works great.
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

4. Back To Top    #4

Peoria, IL

I use the skimmer plug. Worked good the first year. Last year the foam failed and I lost some water. I believe it was due to the nasty winter last year. Maybe a single use product, but for $25 I would hope not??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois