Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: closing above ground pool questions?

1. Back To Top    #1

closing above ground pool questions?

I made sure my chemicals are right.

I did read the closing of the above ground pool but I see people talking about blowing out the lines is the for in ground pools and did not see that in closing of the pools section for above ground pools????

Do I remove the skimmer from the wall fully or can I just place the oversize cover over it instead????

Do I remove the sand or can I just leave the sand and cover with the tarp???

thanks for your advice throughout the summer you were all a great help for our first year!

Tammy
    Sharkline Reprieve 21' x 52" Round Above Ground Swimming Pool, Waterway 520-5220-6S ClearWater 19in. Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump, using BBB method and TF-100 kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: closing above ground pool questions?

You want to make sure you pull the drain plugs at the base of the filter and the pump. No need to remove sand.

This should help - - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...ove-group-pool
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Do NOT place your cover over the skimmer. It will damage your pool. Leave the skimmer on. Drain water below return. Cover.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Do NOT place your cover over the skimmer. It will damage your pool. Leave the skimmer on. Drain water below return. Cover.
    HI, can you explain how placing the cover over the skimmer will damage the pool? Should the skimmer not be covered with anything?
    Thanks, Joe

New Jersey
    - 15ft round Above Ground pool with vinyl liner (10 yrs old)
    - 5700 gallons, Sand Filter, 1.5hp pump