Raypak 6350ti-E heat pump not working properly

Hey guys...would love some advice on this issue...I have a raypak 6350ti-E. Brand new this summer and has worked flawlessly the few times it has needed to run. However, the past 2 days, now that I actually need the heat, the compressor keeps shutting off on it's own and only the fan runs. It has plenty of flow, the ambient temperature is 55-60 F, and there doesn't appear to be any error code. Any idea what could be going wrong and how I can remedy the problem? I can get it to kick in by pressing a button on the digital display...but it kicks back out within a few minutes... It has been controlled by my hayward pro logic system and worked perfectly all summer. I have tried disabling it on the prologic and using the heaters digital controls with the same outcome. It will turn on for a few minutes, but then the compressor will shut off and the fan will run alone... We are trying to get the last week of enjoyment out of the pool, but pretty hard when we can't heat the water.
Thanks!

So, I've found that there is, in fact, a fault code. FS, which means it's going into defrost mode which will keep the fan running and shut down the compressor. This is not supposed to happen until the ambient temperature is down to 42 F....but it has been happening when the actual ambient temp is 15-20 degrees warmer than that.... for example, it's 57 F right now, and the unit is still continually going into the defrost fault after 2-3 minutes of operation. Frustrating since this is the exact time of year that I really want to use the heat pump! Hopefully I can get ahold of someone from Raypak tomorrow...

It is model R6350TI-E. Not the heat/cool model, heat only, with digital display. I read that it's 42-48 depending on humidity but it's going into defrost when the ambient temp is 55-60 F....humidity was around 55% give or take. Seems quite a bit premature. I'm not sure how to check the ambient temp sensor, but I'll look into it. It should be fully covered by warranty, so hopefully I can get ahold of raypak tomorrow...and go from there.
Thanks for the feedback!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.