Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winterize deck jets but leave pool open?

1. Back To Top    #1

Winterize deck jets but leave pool open?

As the title states we plan to leave the pool open as it is a huge focal point in our yard but should we blow the the deck jet lines and shut over the flow to these for the winter or just keep them open with water flowing?

18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Winterize deck jets but leave pool open?

Pretty chilly climate in Nashville to leave them open all winter. It's a tough to decide item but I think I would blow them out just to be safe.

I wish there was a black and white answer but I don't have it. You can certainly overkill the use of precaution but this seems like a fairly easy to do project for the amount of protection you get in return.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, our friends all keep their pools open but no one else has deck jets

18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm leaning towards blowing out the deck jet lines versus leaving them open with the rest of the pool, think I should pour some antifreeze back in to be cautious?

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

RV antifreeze is pretty cheap compared to the damage one good freeze could cost. I'd blow them and toss in some pink, cheap insurance.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!