Pool fence code

Our pool is up a hill. We just got our patio around the pool done and will be getting stairs poured on Monday from our house level to the pool. When I was getting fence quotes one guy mentioned to make sure there was a landing at the area where the stairs meet the pool at the gate area. Anyone know anything about this. I'm assuming it's to keep you from opening the gate and taking that first step down hill. Not sure if there's a size etc

I'm in maryland but I would assume its similar in most states.

Chuck

Uniform building code, which most localities follow, requires a minimum 4' landing on both sides of a door or gate. Your local building inspector will be better able to answer this question. Most inspectors are more than happy to talk to you about requirements like this.

Charie has the general code covered and the best response, check with your building department. I don't know if you are in the city or St. Mary's County, but the county has this pool document on their website which addresses the requirements for the fence, but does not address the landing.

I lived in Anne Arundle County for several years and is seems there is not much MD does not have a regulation for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.