Jolly Gel

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Hi

I have been looking after my neighbours pool and although it is clean and the water is at the correct balance he complains that it does not seem to sparkle as it once did. We are going to try Jolly Gel, I know it is a flocculate and that it puts a layer on the sand filter to catch even smaller particles. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this product. I will report back on my findings.

I do use DE and it's the way to go. I picked some up at Fleet Farm but HomeDepot, Hardware store, Pool store ... Make sure it's for a pool and not the stuff used in gardens for insect control.

Attachments

• Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 95
Since you're in Cyprus, I'm not surprised nobody's heard of Jolly Gel.

The pool used to sparkle, and now it doesn't. Did the filter change? Dull water is seldom the filter's fault. I'd look at the chemistry before I started adding any mystery pool additives. "the water is at the correct balance" is pretty vague and subjective. We deal with objective when dealing with chemistry. If my pH gets high, the water loses some sparkle. What is this pool's pH? Is it being chlorinated with Cal-hypo? Could it be overloaded with CYA from using diclor or trichlor to chlorinate?

Since you're in Cyprus, I'm not surprised nobody's heard of Jolly Gel.

The pool used to sparkle, and now it doesn't. Did the filter change? Dull water is seldom the filter's fault. I'd look at the chemistry before I started adding any mystery pool additives. "the water is at the correct balance" is pretty vague and subjective. We deal with objective when dealing with chemistry. If my pH gets high, the water loses some sparkle. What is this pool's pH? Is it being chlorinated with Cal-hypo? Could it be overloaded with CYA from using diclor or trichlor to chlorinate?
:goodpost:

A quick Google search shows this magic potion is from the UK.

I'd also look at water chemistry first.

Hi
Thanks for the replies

pH 7.6
CYA 45
TA 107
CH 500
FC 4.3

These are the latest results, I did mention de but my neighbour had a mind set and wanted Jolly Gel. He is convinced that the water now sparkles and I must admit it does seem clearer. I was just wondering if anyone else had used this product.

Thanks again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.