I'm on the on the fourth day and realize I've made several mistakes. Here are the readings from day one:
pH 7.7 (first mistake)
I think I should have lowered the pH, but it's too late now.
I had persistent algae, which I assumed was mustard because it was there in spite of correct chlorine and pH levels. It congregates along seams and crack repairs, both of which are a bit rough, and at the right angle corners where the sides meet the floor. So I used the MA number for the SLAM which was 19 ppm, instead of the shock number which would have been 12. So the question is, should I lower the FC to 12 and continue until the FC holds overnight, and then raise the FC to 19 for 24 hours after that? The water is already clear and today the CC was 0 for the first time. I do notice there is a brief white cloud when I brush. Is that dead algae or live algae? I also realized yesterday that I hadn't left the poles, brushes, etc in the pool.
I'm also wondering if it's foolish to go through all this right before closing the pool.
I'd appreciate any guidance.