Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex longevity?

1. Back To Top    #1

Kennewick WA

Intex longevity?

Hi all new here! I'm wondering about the life span of an intex pool? I really want a splash superpool but might have to wait a bit until I can buy one but there is a 26' intex for $650 that I can afford now. Should I take the intex now until I can upgrade?

2. Back To Top    #2
    LA (Lower Arkansas)

Re: Intex longevity?

I wouldn't hesitate. I am on my second year of an 18 ft. Ultra Frame. I had an Easy Set for 8 years. The next Easy Set only lasted two. We really like the Ultra Frame. The Intex cartridge pumps and filters are woefully underpowered, but I hear good things about the sand filters. We added a sand filter and 1 hp pump to the Easy Set after struggling for several years with the one that came with the pool. Good decision.

We leave it up year round.
    18ft. Ultra Frame Pool. 1hp Advantage pump. 18 inch sand filter. Skimmer from previous Easy Set suspended over pool. Barracuda Ranger cleaner, new Hayward Leaf canister which is the best purchase I have made. Lots of dust here from gravel roads plus tree stuff.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Virginia Beach, Va

Re: Intex longevity?

Although I can't remember exactly when I got it, I've had my 18 x 48 metal frame intex for well over 8 years. We used to take it down in the winter but the last few years it's stayed up. Still going!
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer