Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater recommendation?

1. Back To Top    #1

Heater recommendation?

Hi folks. We had a jandy legacy LRZM that worked great, until the heat exchanger blew. (It came with the house, believe it was not properly taken care of as it is only 2 years old.) Anyway, we're going to replace it and we've decided to go new for warranty reasons. Should we just get the same one and keep the old one for parts down the road, or should we look at something else? I'm not sure if this brand is known to break down or what.

I'm considering ordering it from here: http://www.poolsuppliescanada.ca/jan...ot-heater.html seems like a good price and I've had great luck with ordering from them in the past.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Vinyl in-ground pool, around 24,570 gallons (93,000 litres), with SWG, sand filter, gigantic Jandy Legacy heater, Hayward SuperPump. Anything more please ask, new to all this!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heater recommendation?

The Raypak heaters tend to get the most recommendations from members who are in the industry and work on them due to the fewer parts and lower failure rates.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you, that's just what I was looking for. They're virtually the same price too, maybe I'll go Raypack.
    Vinyl in-ground pool, around 24,570 gallons (93,000 litres), with SWG, sand filter, gigantic Jandy Legacy heater, Hayward SuperPump. Anything more please ask, new to all this!

4. Back To Top    #4

Heat exchanger blew in 2 seasons?? Did it crack from freezing?? If not, i would try a different brand. Thats unacceptable.
    14000 gallon 16x32 roman in ground vinyl, Hayward 140k heat pump, swg, de filter 1 1\2 HP v.s. pump. Built in June 2014. Tf100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Please add your pools info to your signature as outlined here - - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...etting-started

Have you considered a heat pump ?? Higher initial cost but great payback and savings in the long run.

https://www.google.com/#q=swimming+p...t+pump+savings
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!