Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing above ground pool for the first time.

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing above ground pool for the first time.

Hi guys, I have decided to close my pool myself. So I read these instructions, they are seems to be very detailed however I did not find a step when I remove water with the air pressure from the system just drainage.
    My pool is half way underground, however it is still called above ground pool.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...ove-group-pool

Here is what I understand I have to do:

1. Clean the pool and keep in in shock level for 24 hours with pump running
    2. Drain the water below the skimmer 6 inch, however in my case the returns might still be under the water, should the returns be also above the water ?
    3. I think now I have run the air pressure through the system to make sure no water in pipes, here is my question how I can run the air ? with air compressor ? If yes where do I have to connect it too.
    3. After the water is out and air goes through the pipes I close returns with rubber plugs I have one by one.
    4. I drain the filter, heater and pump unscrew the plugs and do not screw them back!
    5. put the cover on.

Please advice me on what I am doing wrong if any and what might be the better steps. Thank you
    Dima
    IG 8k gallons. Chlorine pool. Vinyl. Jacuzzi Lazer Sand 160 Filter. Jacuzzi Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Closing above ground pool for the first time.

Anybody ?
    IG 8k gallons. Chlorine pool. Vinyl. Jacuzzi Lazer Sand 160 Filter. Jacuzzi Pump.