Intellitouch vs Easytouch macro question

Sep 12, 2014
Central Florida
I am trying to figure out if the Easy Touch systems is adequate for me or if I should go IntelliTouch. From the other threads I have read it sound like the main difference is expansion and macros. I don't plan to connect any devices outside of normal pool equipment so the main difference for me is then macros.

Can the Easy Touch do multiple things without macros? For example, can a Spa button be programmed to turn the valve so the jets turn on, adjust the variable pump speed up, and turn on the heater? Or is this the type of function you need a macro for?

I have the Easy Touch 8, meaning it has 8 options for programs at a push of the button on the wall control panel, or the Quick Touch remote (expensive option & for me not worth the money as it's not waterproof...unless that doesn't matter to you), or the APP for Smart Phones- if you purchase the Screen Logic Interface - to me worth it as I turn my Spa & heater on before I get home from work! So on my ET8; I run my spa, spa heater, slide, high pump, spa lite, pool lite & fiber optic lights from the wall or the APP. The Screen Logic APP has to be set up on your PC & plug into router = more capabilities to fine tune each setting & even program "macro's". I have all I need with an open 8th program button for future use when we get solar. Pentair makes a smaller Easy touch systems with 4 (or maybe 6) setting options for less equipment... but that didn't serve my purpose back when mine was installed in 2012.

Their are so many capabilities - maybe best to go to Pentair & download the manual http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/EasyTouchSystemUG.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.