Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner Wrinkles

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Liner Wrinkles

Anyone ever heard of High Acid causing wrinkles in a liner that is only 4 years old?

thanks
    PF

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner Wrinkles

Low pH degrades liners so strong acid poured into pool water can pool at the bottom if not poured over a return flow and/or the liner lightly brushed. Is that what you meant by "High Acid"?
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Wrinkled or puckered liners can be caused by low pH. How long it has to be low to damage the liner I don't know. Liner wrinkles can also be caused by high ground water behind the liner.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

A new client called me, and that was the reasoning given by the gentleman that installed the liner.
    I have not yet inspected it. Either way may be the case.
    Although, he did tell me he has been using 3" pucks so I can't wait to see the high cya. And that also could be why it is wrinkling. I can't wait to share you guys with him.
    Thanks for the input.