Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing bad SWG Controller after pump replacement with intelliflo

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing bad SWG Controller after pump replacement with intelliflo

Folks I need some advice,

I replaced my pool pumps about a year ago with intelliflo pumps that have their own built in controls. My SWG was Autopilot DIG-220 and with the new pumps, the controller only controlled the SWG (SC-48 cell). I have a 40,000 gallon pool. The cell is about 18 months old.

Now my Autopilot has failed (power module- no voltage at the controller connection) and I need to decide what to do.

Buying a new autopilot 220 seems like overkill. What do you recommend as a cost effective SWG replacement that would only control the cell?

Would I be better off to invest $250 to have my pool pilot repaired?

Thanks,

John

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing bad SWG Controller after pump replacement with intelliflo

Welcome to TFP!

I'm bumping this up in case someone else can help you (this isn't my area of expertise).
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replacing bad SWG Controller after pump replacement with intelliflo

I suggest looking into this thread as it might solve your problem, http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...eck-Clean-Cell.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process