Wiring Aquarite SWG 240v Correctly

Aug 5, 2012
Orlando, FL
Do I wire my AquaRite SWG to the 240v pump load side of relay, or directly to a 240v source? At one place, the install manual says its important to wire to load side of pump relay (and shows diagram). Then it says if remotely controlled, wire directly to 240v source so it is powered at all times--BUT it shows a diagram showing power from load side of pump relay same as stand alone. I'm confused.

George

Got my answer from Hayward Technologies. They said, "The correct method is to be wired to load side with the pump. Why? We want the Aqua-Rite to only have power when the pump is on to avoid any possibilities of the unit producing chlorine.
Regards." Looks like the written instructions in the manual is incorrect when wiring for remote control.
George

It gets even more confusing if you have a VS pump and are using the onboard timer and programming. When I wired mine, since I was using the pump's own timer to turn the pump on and off and change speeds, I wired the pump to receiving power at all times. So if I used that feed for the SWG, the unit would be powered at all times. That is exactly what Hayward didn't want you to do. Although not ideal, I am using a separate timer to turn the SWG on and off. I couldn't come up with another solution other than an expensive automation system.

I have rewired my system to the load side as per Hayward. However, it may have to put it on its own timer relay, like chiefwej. I have a large solar panel system on the roof that brings the pool up to 90 by noon. If it needs more heat in the afternoon, the solar dumps hot roof water at 150 degrees plus through the SWG. That makes the salt generator pull 10Amps and shut down on high salt.
George

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.