Recommendations for bad swg.

jrr

Aug 22, 2013
Mcallen, TX
Just found out my swg won't be replaced until another week. It is only an year old and already messed up! Anyone have any recommendations on how to keep FC high enough for the next week. I was thinking of turning it off and adding bleach, is this pretty consistent to what you experts do? Also, will adding bleach mess with any of my other chemicals, everything is pretty much on par at this time except for FC.

Just check the date code and that there is an actual strength listed ... usually 8.25% now.

Or see if your pool stores or hardware stores have a better deal on 10% or 12.5% liquid chlorine.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Nope.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, if you are ever expecting heavy use, it is usually a good idea to add a little bleach before and/or after to help take care of the waste.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is going on with your salt system? If the display is working, but the power light and generating light are not on it could be a $3 fix.

The power light and generating light turn off and on, mostly stays off. Called the pool company and they checked it out and said they would just switch it out as a result of being under warranty. The actual computer and salt cell are only like 13 months old. Do you believe you know what it could be?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.