New Pool Rockwall TX

tone100

Jul 12, 2008
Hello. I'm in the process of setting up appointments for bids on a new pool. I live on the east side of Dallas in Rockwall. most of the bigger names I see on here don't want to come out this far (Riverbend, Foley, A&S etc.). I wanted to get feedback on some of the companies I have coming out.

So far its:

Pool Stop
Cullen Pools
Lake Pointe Custom Pools
Hobert
Venture Custom Pools

I was hoping for 7 but this is all i can get for now.

Anything positive or negative would be great. I'm having a hard time finding any posts on the internet about these companies. I found a few on Hobart (some good,some bad).

Can't comment on any of those as we are building farther east of you but did you check out Southern wind? Also Claffey Pools in South lake seems to have great designs but they may not go out that far.

Also check out Allison Pools up in Denison. Might also be out of your range but they gave us a great design. Also Custom Outdoor trends there in Rockwall. Really nice guy and got design he gave us for a very competitive bid.

I would suggest Clarity Pools. I am in Keller and he came to me from Krugerville, TX. Thinking the distance to Rockwall might be the same?

I am going to be posting my build shortly. Clarity wasn't the cheapest but was the most honest and straight forward.

I interviewed five PB's and found it to be work towards the end of the process. And at each interview I was plagiarizing ideas from one PB to the other so the first interview was the worst and the last interview was the best...if that makes sense. The bright spot was I had, what I felt was the best pool design for me, in hand and ready to get final bids after a few weeks of interviews and research.

I'm a construction manager at work so I enjoy the bidding process. I've talked to Puryear and Custom Outdoor Trends and they are supposed to send me bids next week. They've built several in my neighborhood and are about to start one 2 houses down. I wish it was further along so I could see how they work before I sign anything. They are about to build houses behind me so I need to do something in the next month or I won't have any access.

Call Bob and Shane at Hopkins Custom Pools. They're actually based in Rockwall. I'm in Frisco and they did my neighbor's pool and she couldn't say enough good things about them. We are under contract with them now. So far it's been a good experience although we haven't started digging yet. They had the best value for the money of the 7 bids we got.

I've got a call into Hopkins. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm scratching Cullen off the list. They didn't show up last night and won't call me back. Makes me think that's the way they operate. I'll try to get something setup with Reber as well.

I figured I would update this. Hopkins is out. They were highest of all bids. I told him this and he went on a rant about how he couldn't feed his family selling pools for what other companies do. He also wanted me to send him copies of the other guy's quotes. I told him that didn't seem very ethical.

I'm down to Custom Outdoor Trends, Pool Stop and Lake Pointe Custom pools. Still haven't nailed down exactly what I want as far as coping and decking. I'm leaning towards travertine for both. The nice part about building in the fall is you don't have to get in a hurry since it will be done by spring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.