Thanks to all in this community

Jul 10, 2010
I just made a small donation to say thanks to all who contribute here. I learned the basics on this site a few years ago and have been good til this weekend when Hurricane Norman turned my Phoenix pool into a bayou. A few searches got me on track to dealing with all the mud and two days later I can see my drain again and the end of the tunnel light.

You all are awesome and much appreciated.

I feel the same way about the Forum. Even when I ordered my Test Kit it sat on my desk. I was very intimidated by it. Now I use it quite often, even testing other people's pools. The reason is that my friends are terrified of the Pool Store. Each time they leave it costs them a lot of $$$. I have used the test kit so often that I need refills.

Luckily I found this place because I could not imagine the problems I would have been faced with long term if I did not get rid of the FROG SYSTEM. I already had one small stain (probably because of the frog) on my liner that has taken me hours to remove. Running the frog on empty with the dial all the way up. I do like the liquid chlorine method and do not mind this work daily or every other day. Yes, the bac pac and other methods are very easy to use, but I feel this is what takes people away from proper testing as they kind of allow the pool to go unattended and then one day wake up with algae.

I do not plan on having to SLAM my pool EVER! But if I do have to, I clearly know the problem will be taken care of quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.