Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How am I doing?

1. Back To Top    #1

Seminole, FL

How am I doing?

8 weeks on using TFP, and everything is going pretty well. I think I've got to know my pools chemistry and what it needs, but I wouldn't mind validation. The water has been crystal clear since an initial SLAM, with no hint of green. Temps are dropping a little from a high of 90F (currently 86), with a light bather load, heavier at weekends. Current readings are:

Temp: 86F
    FC: 7 (never been below 5)
    CC:0 (never more than .5, occasionally estimate 0.25 after a heavy load)
    pH: 7.5
    TA: 90
    CH: 290
    CYA: 55
    CSI: 0
    Unknown salt or borates

I test FC / CC and pH daily, the rest once a week. I add approx 20fl 10% liquid CL daily, and 10oz MA every 2 days. pH seems to rise a max of .1 a day.

Last weekend I cut pump run time from 6 to 4 hours, 9-11am and 6-8pm (testing time and addition at 6:30pm), seems to be holding FC ok.

I've cleaned the DE out once, psi reads approx 12 and has hardly risen in a couple of weeks (the screen and filter keep the pool very clean even though I have plenty of trees in the yard.

I'm happy but if any of the experts spot anything I'd appreciate feedback!

Built 1980, 19' x 30' almost rectangular, screened 15,000 gal, plaster, Hayward DE 3620 filter (currently using cellulose), Emerson 1081 1HP pump, AquaCal Heatwave SuperQuiet SQ110R heater, Zodiac T5 Cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide
    Odessa, TX

Re: How am I doing?

Looks great to me.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

3. Back To Top    #3
    Columbia, SC

Looks good.

I just wish mine was that warm!!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Nice work! Your numbers are great and your crystal pool water is validation.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School