Aquapure 1400 error code 125, 194 (and other problems)

Bart

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
My Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG is on it's 4th season and up until now it's been working fine.

A few weeks ago, I noticed the pool water getting cloudy and then noticed the control box was reading "service" and it gave me a couple error codes (125, and 194 I believe). The 125 code told me that the cell needed cleaning - so I cleaned it and everything seemed to go back to normal. (I didn't see any scale build-up or anything unusal before I before I cleaned it, by the way). The 194 error code is not even listed in my manual!!

This past weekend, I again noticed the water getting cloudy and checked the dispay and I got the same error codes (125, 194) so I cleaned the cell again. The display also read "Service". I checked it last night and the situation was the same - - - 125 and 194 error codes and "Serivce" on the display and the "service" light was on. (Interstingly, at one point the display showed that everything was normal - no error codes, no service lights on and no "Service on the display. But a few minutes later it reverted to flahing the error codes and saying "Service")

Questions:

1) Does all this mean that my cell is at the end of its life?

2) If so, can I just replace the cell itself (the thing the water flows through) and leave the electronic display box as is, or does that have to be replaced too?

3) What the heck does the 194 error code even mean?!?!?

4) If I do replace the cell, should I (or can I) go up to a larger size? (my pool was caluclated by the builder at 30K gal, and the Aquapure 1400 is supposed to be able to handle 40K gals, but I wonder if maybe my pool is a little bigger than calculated and I'm pushing the upper limit of the cell. I've been running it at 75% all summer, but in previous years I kept it at 30, 40, 50%)

Thanks!
Bart

Error code 194: Cell Current is 85% lower than desired and cell voltage above 19V (Generates 125 code – Cell dirty or needs replacement). Since the cell is clean it looks like the cell needs to be replaced. I would buy a cell and sensor combo, you don't need the box.

Jandy does not make a cell that is larger than the one you have.

When replacing the unit, do I just replace the cell (the "pipe" that the water flows through) or do I have to replace flow/salinity sensor too (the round disc with wires attached at the bottom of the cell)? Or is it possible the possible that I just need to replace the flow/salinity sensor?

The cell alone is about $450
The cell and the flow/salinity sensor is about $500

Smart money probably says replace them both since it's only an extra 50 bucks, but I'd really love for someone to tell me that I ONLY need to replace the flow/salinity sensor for 50 bucks!!! ;-)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.