Questions/Recommendations on dedicated bubbler pump and automation?

Aug 5, 2014
Oviedo, FL
Planning to sign a pool contract today but want to first make sure I get clarity on a few items (and I appreciate everyone's help in advance):

Our pool will be around 13,000 gallons, with a spa, and two bubblers.

Question #1: Right now we have the Pentair IntelliFlow VS 3 HP (11018) pump in our design. It's my understand that this pump is more than enough to handle all aspects of the spa and pool. Is it worth getting a dedicated pump, say a 1HP for the two bubblers? Or can I make it work with the current pump?

Question #2: We'd like to do automation. I'm confused with the differences between the Pentair EasyTouch and IntelliTouch systems. We basically want to control the pool pump (and bubbler pump if needed - see question #1), turn lamp posts on/off, heat pump on/off, and control the LED lights in the pool. Also, we want to go with the ScreenLogic interface - which I believe works for either system.

I'm looking forward to the conversation. Thank you!

As for the pumps the vs pump should do just fine. The only issue would be when you are running everything at once. Then you would be running heated spa water though the bubblers. If you plan to run it all at once then you probably need two pumps.

I'm not familiar with Pentair automation so I can't really help you there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.