Hi guys,

I have a swg and my levels are

Fc 3-4
    Cc 0
    Ph 8.0
    Ta 60
    Ch 50
    Cya 70

I seem to always have a rising ph. It has been raining here a little more than usual but I was wondering how often it should be rising.? Should it stay locked in for weeks or does it just depend on many factors?
    30,000 gallon In-Ground vinyl, small fountain, Polaris 9300 robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PH IS always rising

A SWG while generating is aerating the water and thus causing the pH to rise. That is normal. You have a low TA so the pH should not rise as quickly. Just add acid as needed to stay in the 7s. Some have to add every few days others can go weeks.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ditto^^^^^^^
    I have to add 1.75 quarts every Saturday when I do my full test.
    I have a compupool SWG that has a clearish blue plastic case. And you can see all of the "bubbles" in the unit as the water runs thru.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

4. Back To Top    #4

To the OP, did you ever consider automating the pH maintenance ?

We use Simpool in all our family pools and all connect easily to existing Pentair (and any other) systems as long as you have a 220-240v power supply.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll be going to a 50ppm borates level in a few days for this very issue. I just can't keep up with the dreaded cycle: PH rise, salt cell builds up with calcium cause it got to 7.8-8 before I could catch it, then chlorine production goes down from the calcium build up on the cell, so I crank up the SWG to 100% to compensate for decreased chlorine production, run the pump longer and then supplement with liquid chlorine as well to keep up with the summer demand, then because the cell is at 100% it builds up with calcium faster, clean the cell and then the cycle starts all over again, ugh!. Hoping that while Borates won't decrease the amount of MA needed, it will decrease the frequency of needed applications and this is where I can get the PH rise more manageable for me.
    15'x35' IG 16,500 gallons w/attached raised 18" spa continuous coping w/underneath spill and ledger stone wrapped, NPT mini pebble aqua blue w/2x pigment & abalone shell finish, 2"x24" travertine coping, 3x Jandy Color LED lights (2 in pool), Jandy Flo Pro 2HP VS pump, Jandy LXI (low NOx) 400K BTU heater, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG, Jandy Z4 automation with iAqualink and remote poolside PDA, 1,300 sqft Belgard Catalina paver deck with drainage, fire pit that matches the spa with travertine coping and wrapped in ledger stone, Elitewood insulated patio cover, Vinyl gates, back vinyl fence coming soon...
    TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

Borates helped me with those problems (scaling and rising PH).
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks guys for all the responses
    30,000 gallon In-Ground vinyl, small fountain, Polaris 9300 robotic cleaner