Anyone recommend EVOSUN solar panels - or any others?

tennessee

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 9, 2014
Hansen Hills, CA
I am going to buy a Solar Pool Heater and do a DIY install on my roof. I have been researching panels and these Evosun.com panels look like the best, but they are really expensive compared to XtremepowerUS, Smartpool,or Eco Saver Solar Panel Heating Systems.

Can anyone recommend any of these systems?

Big Thanks!!

Well after extensive research and advice I have decided to go with SunGrabber panels - it just seems that these half price, Chinese made panels (XtremepowerUS, Smartpool,or Eco Saver) don't hold up over time and have tubes much larger in diameter than SunGrabbers. The Evosun look like they are better suited to Above ground pools.
Bought a set of SunGrabber panels and will be constructing a DIY using a system based on TFP User: jimsky's set up. I will be posting the progress in Under Construction

Sorry you did not get any responses or advice, but glad you came to an informed decisions.
There are just some subjects that much fewer of the members have any experience with to offer advice.

Hi Tennesse,

I just came across this thread and I am speculating on getting EVO sun solar panels. What made you decide on Sungrabber.
How is its performance and easy of installation (do note that I am not much of DIY guy..and this is all new to me).
Any input will be highly valuable.

Thanks a bunch,
-Prasad

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.