Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OCLT Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Cape Coral, FL

OCLT Question

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a question about the OCLT test. Should the pump be running overnight to perform this test? I assume yes.
    17x30 freeform IG w/spa & spillover approx. 13,000g, exposed aggregate "Florida Pearl" finish; Hayward PS-4 automation w/T15 salt cell, SP3400 var. sp. pump & C1200 filter; Gulfstream 120,000 BTU HP; Pentair auto & manual valves. Built Jan 2013

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: OCLT Question

Pump on, SWCG off.

Welcome to TFP!!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    Annapolis, MD

Re: OCLT Question

tim5055: Based on your response to this post I reread the OCLT directions on this page:

It doesn't mention running the pump during the OCLT. I guess it is assumed that if you are SLAMming then you are running your pump. But if you're doing the OCLT to see if there is a problem or not you wouldn't necessarily be running the pump. Maybe one of the moderators could update that page to reflect that the pump should be running during an OCLT for us newbies who wouldn't know that.

TF-100 Test Kit
    22,000 gallon, 20x40 kidney-shape IG plaster pool built in 1986
    Nautilus NS-36 DE filter, Hayward Self Prime Super Pump 1HP
    Polaris Automatic Pool Cleaner, PB4-60 3/4 HP pump